Archive for February 10th, 2015

(Politics) Another Blast From Tinubu, Attacks Military, says Jonathan Planning To Rig @semaotakeit

Asiwaju-Bola-Ahmed-Tinubu-BB

According to http://www.punchng.com, a former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has lambasted the nation’s service chiefs for advising the Independent National Electoral Commission not to go ahead with the February 14 presidential elections.

The All Progressives Congress leader said it was suspicious that the military were planning an offensive against Boko Haram on the same day the elections were supposed to hold despite the fact that INEC had announced the date of the elections over a year ago.

Tinubu said in a statement on Monday that it was unlikely that the military would be able to defeat Boko Haram in six weeks as the Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh, had failed after boasting that the military would defeat Boko Haram in four months last April.

He said, “This postponement is a smokescreen because what the letter says is that they are advising a postponement of six weeks in the first instance subject to the amelioration of the security situation in the North-East. This is coming from a Chief of Defence Staff that vowed to crush the insurgents within four months early last year. A year later, nothing has changed. He is now asking Nigerians to believe this government can do in six weeks what it could not do in six years.

“This postponement has deeply wounded Nigerian democracy. While my party hoped to go into the election and win it that we may offer a new and honest deal to the people, this government continues to feed the people a raw deal.”

The former governor said the postponement was evidence that President Goodluck Jonathan was not ready to hold free and fair elections.

He warned the President to put the interest of Nigeria above his personal ambition so as not to plunge the nation into crisis.

He said, “What happened Saturday was actually not a postponement due to security or logistical reasons. What happened was the by-product of overt political interference undermining the independence of the election management body, INEC.

“The elections were postponed not because they could not safely be held. They were postponed because one man, President Jonathan, feared that an election held on February 14 would for him become an election lost.

“While the mouth was Jega, the words were Jonathan. He chose to place our democracy at risk than do what democracy demands by facing and risking the verdict of the people. That he would use our security agencies to provide his excuse only adds insult to injury.”

(Gist) Which is Beyoncé’s Best Grammy Beauty Looks? @tj_shetade

 

 

b 2

Beyoncé can’t forget the beginning as far as Grammy Awards is concerned. She is one of the female singers who have shown dexterity in the history of the awards. She is officially the most nominated woman in Grammy Awards history. This news really shouldn’t come as any surprise, because what hasn’t Bey done? To celebrate her many wins (and surely lots more to come), we’re taking a look back at some of her pictures and  best Grammy Awards beauty moments.

We want you to pick your best pictures below :

 

beyonce b 3 b 4 b0 b5 b11 b6 b7 b8 b9

 

 

 

 

 

Badoo: Olamide Signs New Soldiers To Celebrate Birth Of His Son @Richard

Olamide

This is no story for the gods, Nigerian Hip Hop recording artiste, Olamide Adedeji, popularly known by his stage name, Olamide, has revealed two other new artistes signed to his YBNL record label.

Olamide, who records mostly in Yoruba, his native tongue, on friday announced the signing of two other artistes, Chinko Ekun and Xino. While the former is a rapper, the latter does afrobeat. It will be recalled that YBNL previously had Shoki singer Lil Kesh and Viktoh signed to the recording company. In an Instagram, Olamide posted a picture of himself alongside the two acts with caption, “New soldiers.

Boko Haram Sustains attack, Kill Scores In Niger @Richard

boko2The Nigerian Islamist militant group Boko Haram has attacked a town in Niger for the first, witnesses say.

Niger’s government, has said that it killed more than 100 of the group’s fighters as it repulsed the attack on the border town of Bosso.

The group reportedly killed at least 70 people in an attack on the yown of Fotokol in Cameroun on wednesday.

The Boko Haram insurgency has lelf thousands dead and displaced more than a million over the past six years.

The militants control a large stretch of land in north-eastern Nigeria.

It’s neighbours has promised to send troops to help it fight the militants, who are now attacking those countries.

US intelligence officials said at the weekend that they believed Boko Haram had up to 6,000 ‘hard-core’ fighters, according to Reuters News Agency.

Dispite this, they did not believe Boko Haram posed a major threat to Nigeria’s oilfields.

The unnamed officials told Reuters that the militants were thought to be still holding the 300 school girls that they kidnapped last year and year and had dispersed them to multiple locations.

The insurgents reportedly attacked Bosso early in the morning with heavy weapons, causing residents to flee or hide indoors.

One resident told AFP news agency: ” We can hear the sound of weapons all around the town, often very near our windows.

“There is the noise of heavy weapons and of light arms, making our houses shake.”

 

Killing Again!!! Gunmen Kill Lagos Tailor in Uncompleted Building @tj_shetade

Oluwasegun-Adegbenjo-360x331According to http://www.punchng.com, some yet-to-be identified gunmen have killed a 38-year-old tailor, Oluwasegun Adegbenjo, in Oke-Abiaye, in the Alagbado area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Adegbenjo was shot dead in an uncompleted building where he had gone purportedly to meet someone.

Our correspondent gathered from a source that the killers did not steal anything from the deceased. His jeep, which he drove by himself to the site, was also left untouched at the scene of the murder.

The incident happened on January 28, around 11pm.

The source said, “Adegbenjo is a popular tailor who had a shop in the Ikotun area of Lagos. He was also into fashion designing. He lived with his family in Iju-Ota, Ogun State.

“On the fateful day, which was January 28, around 11pm, he had closed from shop and driven down to Oke-Abiaye in Alagbado. The place is a deserted area and people don’t live there. But you could find some uncompleted buildings around.

“He parked his jeep and came out before he was shot dead by some unknown persons. There was no stain of blood in his car and nothing was stolen.”

A police source told PUNCH Metro that Olagbenjo, who was married with kids, was found in the site after his family declared him missing.

He said the police had yet to establish any motive in the murder, but might be working on the theory that he was killed by some business partners.

He said, “The family started searching for him when he could not be found and he was not picking his telephone. That was how they found him there. His wife could not bear the shock of the tragedy and had since been hospitalised.

“The police are still on the case and hopefully, his telephone, which was not taken away, could provide useful hints on what happened to him.

“But we are working on a theory that he went into a business deal with someone who then decided to kill him. He must have been into a deal, which is still under investigation.”

Our correspondent learnt that the matter was reported at the Alagbado Police Division.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Nwosu, said, “Yes, it happened. The man was killed and no suspect has been arrested yet.

“The case, as we speak, has been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department.”

 

Wenger Confirms Sanchez For Leicester City @Richard

sanchezAlexis Sanchez is fit again and available to face Leicester City, Arsene Wenger has confirmed, with the club’s topscorer having missed Saturday’s north London derby defeat to Tottenham.

The Chile international, who has 12 goals and seven assists in 21 Premier League appearances this term, has been nursing a hamstring problem that caused him to miss the Gunners’ last two outings.

Sanchez’s absence was not felt against Aston Villa, where Arsenal picked up an easy 5-0 victory, but they were dealt a blow in the race for a top-four spot after losing 2-1 to Spurs – though they will soon be able to call on Sanchez once again.

“Sanchez will be back in the group and we don’t have any injuries from Saturday,” said Wenger ahead of Tuesday’s match against Leicester City.

“We missed him on Saturday against Tottenham, we missed his physical strength and work rate.”

Arsenal’s derby defeat ended a run of five straight wins in all competitions, but Wenger rejected any talk of a crisis after such a hammer blow and has urged his side to bounce back and show their top-four class.

“We had a very strong run before Saturday so we just want to continue that. We need to respond strongly,” the Frenchman continued.

“We have to deal with our performances. The criticism is always there. We have to focus on our performances. I don’t take criticism personally. What I take personally is losing games.”

“We have a good opportunity to show that we have the strength and quality to deal with pressure.

“You focus on how you can put your team in a position to respond well and quickly. This is a very important period.”

Wenger also confirmed that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, who scored against Spurs at the Emirates Stadium, will be out of action for at least another two weeks, while he refused to set a timeline for Jack Wilshere’s return.

Yes, I Have Won Trophies, But Non Compares To Afcon–Yaya Toure @Richard

yayaThe Ivorian attacking midfielder, who tasted defeat in two previous finals, was overjoyed after leading the Elephants to a first continental title in 23 years

Yaya Toure described leading Cote d’Ivoire to an “exceptional” Africa Cup of Nations triumph on Sunday as the highlight of his illustrious career.

The Elephants ended a 23-year wait for continental success by defeating Ghana 9-8 on penalties in Equatorial Guinea, with the preceding 120 minutes of football having failed to produce a goal.

Much of the build-up had centred on the Ivorians’ two recent final defeats – in 2006 and 2012 – and Yaya, who has previously won league titles with Manchester City, Barcelona and Olympiakos, was overjoyed by their long-awaited moment of redemption.

“Sometimes when you win with your club, it’s magical, but winning with your country is something exceptional,” the midfielder is quoted as saying by L’Equipe.

“We worked so hard to win and we will celebrate with our families. I have waited so long for this moment and to lift a trophy as captain, it’s huge.

“We must congratulate coach Herve Renard, who has done a great job. We have often been aggressively criticised.

“I’ve lost twice in the final, so to be here now is fantastic. I’m so happy.”

Goalkeeper Boubacar Barry, nicknamed Copa, converted the winning spot kick and he was just as moved by Cote d’Ivoire’s dramatic triumph as his skipper.

“I have been criticised, but I was able to progress,” stand-in keeper Copa told Canal Plus. “I’m not big in talent nor in size, but I wanted to develop and I worked for the team.

“My mother has suffered. Thanks to her, thank you to all Ivorians. Football allowed me to travel and there is not always room for everyone.

“But there is always room for work and God has rewarded me.”

%d bloggers like this: