Archive for March 18th, 2015

(Photo) Pictures From Swearing-in Ceremony of New Ministers @semaotakeit

 

mini 4

 

mini 2 mini 3  mini 5 mini 6 mini 8 mini

(Event) Malaika Stages Canada, U S A, Welcome Party at Marblefield On Friday @tj_shatade

DSC_0554Fuji Music King, Sulaimon Alao ‘Malaika’ Adekunle  Stages Canada, U S A, Welcome Party at Marblefield, Oshodi On Friday 20th March 2015. Call 08028864962, 08026538282.

(Gist) See Christina Aguilera’s Hair For Nashville Guest Role @semaotakeit

CHRISAmerican Singer,Christina Aguilera Dramatic celeb hair color transformations Brunette For Nashville Guest Role.

 

(Trending News) When Blessing Okagbare Was Missed Informed About GEJ @semaotakeit

blessingWould you say Nigerian African Queen, Blessing Okagbare got it wrong when she opened up about GEJ campaign organization  using her picture without her consent.

Reigning African queen of the track, later declared that she holds no grudge against the re-election bid of president Jonathan.

Last week, Okagbare expressed sadness over the use of her image and footage by a body said to be working for Jonathan without seeking her consent.

But the Commonwealth Games double medallist spoke again from her base in LA yesterday, saying: “I heard that some opposition parties are using that against Jonathan’s campaign. It shouldn’t be so. I don’t want anyone or opposition parties to get it twisted. I am a die hard fan of the president. He has inspired me so much and I appreciate everything and the changes he brought into Nigerian sports.


However, Okagbare stood her ground that the decision by GoodHouse Nigeria to use her image and footage in advertorial without seeking her consent was wrong.

“Like I said, I am in support of Jonathan’s re-election bid, But I want to say that what Good House Nigeria did in that advertorial by using my image and footage without seeking my consent was totally wrong and unprofessional.”

Okabgare had stated last week that it was ‘selfish and disrespectful’ for anyone to intrude into her privacy by using her image, footage for a presidential campaign without seeking her approval

(Polls) Aka Ikenga Expresses Fear Over Presidential Election @Richard

aka ikega

President General of  Aka Ikenga, Chief Goddy Uwazurike, has expressed fear that the March 28 election might not hold, except every area of the country was calm for the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to carry out its constitutional duty.

Speaking with Vanguard in Lagos, Uwazurike said the military must be consulted whenever there was a security issue in the country, adding that every governor had a State Security Council made up of the armed forces.

He said: “If the area (North-East) is not clear and calm, believe me, there will be no election. I cannot see any person’s child going to conduct election in a troubled area like Bornu or Adamawa states.

“The military must be consulted whenever we have security issue. Let me put it this way, every governor has what is called state security council, made up of all armed forces.

“The state security council send their report to the Federal Government every time they hold a meeting, which gets to the National Security Adviser, NSA, Sambo Dasuki.

“So if there is a security problem, NSA writes a report to Mr. President informing him of security issues in the country.”

– Vanguard

(Politics) APC Set To Drag Jonathan To ICC @Richard

buhari

The All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Organization (APCPCO) has announced that it will send a petition against President Goodluck Jonathan to the International Criminal Court (ICC) at The Hague.

The APCPCO said in a statement on Wednesday and signed by Mallam Garba Shehu, Director of Media and Publicity that the petition follows the massive terror unleashed on the residents of Lagos by armed pro-Jonathan groups under the dubious cover of a faction of the Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) on the pretext of demanding the sack of Professor Attahiru Jega, National Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

The APC Presidential Campaign Spokesman noted that the machete-wielding and gun-bearing armed pro-Jonathan groups marched round the major streets of Lagos, harassing and intimidating motorists, chanting anti-Jega songs in a manner that gave them away as acting the carefully-prepared script for the truncation of the general elections. “There was such disruption to the tranquillity of the city that warranted the citizens scampering for safety in all directions, a foretaste of the violence they plan to unleash on Election Day.”

“Our investigations have confirmed that Monday’s (16th March, 2015) show was a dress-rehearsal for the main disruption planned for the general elections. Lagos, and the entire South West, being a stronghold of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has been marked for massive dishevelling commotion that would involve killings, maiming and kidnapping.

“Our findings have further shown that the recent Nine Billion naira (N9 Billion) Pipeline surveillance contract to OPC and some militant groups in Southern Nigeria was the elixir for the latest crude impudence of the pro-Jonathan armed groups. Indeed, the contract award was indeed a subterfuge for the mobilization of these murderous militant groups for the destruction of lives and property to force the desire of the re-election of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan on the Nigerian people.

“As an opposition APC, we are using this medium to serve Dr. Goodluck Jonathan the notice of our formal protest of this extreme show of impunity to the International Criminal Court (ICC). We are aware that Mrs Patience Jonathan is already on the watch list of ICC. The activities of this President and his wife as regards the elections are not patriotic and very unhelpful for entrenching democratic values in the nation.

“We recall the bombing of the APC secretariat and the shootings and disruption of the party’s campaign rally in Okirika in Rivers State, where the First Lady hails from with a muted silence from President Jonathan.

“Whereas the Police authorities had denied the opposition party its legitimate and democratic rights to organise one million person march for General Buhari in Kano it was, however, quick to approve that in Lagos, providing security to the pro-Jonathan armed groups while they unleashed mayhem on citizens in Lagos on Monday, a day that inhabitants of the city consider the most important of the week.

“We are not ready to cower to the intimidation of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, ahead of the general elections. We believe Nigerians shall speak eloquently on 28th March, 2015 and this brutality on the psyche of the Nigerian people shall cease.

– Vanguard

NNPC Didn’t Get N1.329trn Subsidy Money From CBN, Says Alison-Madueke

The Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs Diezan Alison-

Diezani-Alison-Madueke-240Madueke, has denied that Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, received N1.329 trillion as subsidy payments between 2009-2011 from the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, as alleged by the ad-hoc committee of the House of Representatives on Subsidy Regime.

The committee report had alleged that “NNPC directly deducted N408.255 billion, in addition to the payment of N81.648 billion by CBN, in 2009; N407.801 billion, in addition to the payment of N402.423 billion by CBN, in 2010; and N847.942 billion, in addition to the payment of N844.944 billion by CBN, for 2011, contrary to Section 162 of the 1999 Constitution, as amended.”

The minister argued that this claim is “totally baseless, false and without foundation.”

Speaking with newsmen, yesterday in Abuja, she explained that subsidy payments to NNPC are not based on cash remittance and, therefore, CBN could not have remitted any cash to NNPC for the purpose of subsidy.

… gives clarifications

According to her, “the mechanics of subsidy recovery by NNPC is non-fund based, but by way of credit to NNPC against domestic crude cost due. When approval certificates are received from Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency, PPPRA, their values are deducted from crude oil cost due in a given month after due consideration of what is approved.”

Alison-Madueke stated that “all such approvals and deductions are regularly copied to other relevant agencies of government such as Ministry of Finance, Office of the Accountant General of the Federation, Budget Office of the Federation, Federation Accounts Allocation Committee and Revenue Mobilization and Fiscal Allocation Commission.

“In the advice on subsidy deductions forwarded to the Ministry of Finance, NNPC always state that ‘in line with presidential directives, the ministry should authorize the Accountant General of the Federation to source for the approved subsidy amount and transfer same to the Federation Account for onward distribution by FAAC’.”

… flays Reps c’ttee

She condemned the committee for doing a shoddy job.

According to her, “it is grossly inaccurate and misleading for the ad-hoc committee to claim that NNPC made ‘double deduction’ by deducting subsidy at source and simultaneously receiving payment for the same purpose from CBN.

“The conclusion by the committee of double payments to NNPC obviously accounts for the erroneous and outrageous sum of N2,587.087 trillion as total subsidy payment for 2011 as stated in the committee’s report.”

NNPC, she noted, believes that the committee’s proceedings were very serious and important assignment for the purpose of “verifying and determining actual subsidy requirement” and put to rest the issue of subsidy once and for all.

She said: “It is unfortunate that the wild allegations, suppositions and conjectures, which form the basis of their conclusion, actually did more damage to the objectives than verify subsidy requirement.

“Furthermore, such reckless allegation is capable of inciting the public against the corporation and its personnel.”

The minister then demanded full disclosure on this allegation to set the records straight.

Alison-Madueke said: “In this context, the committee should disclose the source of their data and such source must disclose to the nation the demand note for the payment, the bank and account to which the amount was paid and the purpose for which the money was expended and by who.

“If this is not done, the story of subsidy in Nigeria would never be closed.”

– See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/nnpc-didnt-get-n1-329trn-subsidy-money-from-cbn-says-alison-madueke/#sthash.0ayumZU6.dpuf

%d bloggers like this: