Archive for August 3rd, 2017

We no longer want to be part of Nigeria-Niger Delta Youths

THE Reformed Egbesu Fraternity, REF, a coalition of militant groups in the Niger Delta region, Thursday, advocated the peaceful dissolution of Nigeria into Arewa Islamic Republic, Biafra Republic, Oduduwa Republic, Republic of the Niger Delta (RONDEL) and the Republic of the Middle Belt to be collectively known and addressed as the United Republics of Nigeria. REF, comprising Egbesu Mightier Fraternity (EMF), Egbesu Red Water Lions (ERL) and the Egbesu Marine Commandoes (EMC) in a statement by the General Officer Commanding, self-styled “Gen” Tony Alagbakereowei, called on the United Nations, UN, British Prime Minister and President Donald Trump of the United States to conduct a referendum for the quiet disbanding of the Nigerian state. “We reaffirm our collective resolve to actualize the Republic of the Niger Delta (RONDEL) which had been proclaimed in 1966; taken into cognizance the reality that there is nothing yet binding us as a people rather than the crude oil and the gas in the Niger Delta,” the group said. Its words: “We call on the British Prime Minister, President Donald Trump of the United States and the United Nations (UN) to conduct referendum for the peaceful dissolution of the Nigerian states into: Arewa Islamic Republic, Biafra Republic, Oduduwa Republic, Republic of the Niger Delta (RONDEL) and the Republic of the Middle Belt to be collectively known and addressed as the United Republics of Nigeria based on the principles of non-exodus and non-violence,” the coalition said. It asserted: “We strongly restate our commitment and dedication to this model as it is the irreducible minimum acceptable political requirement for the ethnic nationalities of the Niger Delta, (the Ijaws) in particular, to remain in the Nigerian state.” The coalition, which recently pulled out of the Niger Delta peace process, added: “We consider this as the best option to avoid the impending humanitarian crisis of a full-blown Nigeria civil war and armed revolution would precipitate upon the African continent and the world at large.” On why it pulled out of the peace process, the group said that its action was catalyzed more by “the recent rejection of political restructure and devolution of power to the constituent units of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by the roguish Senate vis-à-vis the loud agitations for the sovereign states of Biafra. Arewa Islamic and Oduduwa Republics based on Articles 3 – 5 of the United Nations declarations / convection on self- determination for indigenous peoples of the world ratified by Nigeria.” It reiterated: “At age 90, Papa Clark should step aside for younger people if at all, there is the likelihood of further engagement with the Federal Government,” adding: “but we equally dissociate ourselves from the antics of the federal Government in the peace process and calls for outright destruction of the oil economy in our territories and communities to teach the Federal Government a hard lesson.”

Kelechi Iheanacho seals £25 million Leicester move

The forward has agreed a five-year deal with the Foxes, having spent the last three years at fellow Premier League side .

Leicester City have announced the signing of Nigeria international Kelechi Iheanacho from Manchester City.

The forward has moved to the Foxes for a fee reported to be £25 million, with the 20-year-old signing a five-year deal at the King Power Stadium.

In two full seasons at Man City, Iheanacho played 46 Premier League games and scored 12 goals, but found himself behind Sergio Aguero, Wilfried Bony and Gabriel Jesus in the pecking order.

 

Iheanacho is eager to get started with Craig Shakespeare’s side, and is looking forward to becoming part of the Leicester first team.

“It feels good and I’m happy to be part of this team,” Iheanacho told the club’s official website.

 ith the manager, he let me know what I need to do – to help the team achieve what they want. I was convinced and I’m happy to be here.

“I was happy speaking with the manager, knowing what the team wants. It gives me more confidence that I will fit in this team and hopefully I’ll achieve a lot.”

Leicester boss  is delighted with his new signing, believing that the club have signed one of the best young players in the Premier League.

“It’s a great signing for us,” Shakespeare said. “Kelechi is an enormously talented player that has shown a huge amount of promise at every level in which he’s played.

Article continues below

“We’ve tracked his progress for some time, so we know how much quality he’ll bring to the squad. He’s young, he’s hungry, he’s ready for the next stage of his development and I’m delighted that will be with Leicester City.”

Neymar officially seals world record move to PSG

The Ligue 1 giants have more than doubled the previous mark for a transfer set by Paul Pogba and Manchester United as they welcome the Brazilian

Paris Saint-Germain have smashed the world transfer record by completing the €222 million signing of Neymar from Barcelona on a five-year contract.

The Brazilian had been continually linked with a move away from Camp Nou over the summer, and had declined to clarify his own future as the PSG rumours grew stronger.

And after weeks of denials, mixed messages and reports, he has finally been confirmed as the Ligue 1 club’s latest signing on Thursday night.

“Paris Saint-Germain are very pleased to announce the arrival of Neymar Jr,” the Parisiens said in a statement on their official website.

“The Brazilian attacker signed a five-year contract in the presence of club and player representatives. Neymar Jr is now tied to the club of the capital until June 30, 2022.”

Earlier on Thursday, La Liga attempted to derail the deal by refusing to accept the €222m payment from Neymar’s lawyer, but his representatives paid direct to Barcelona instead.

In the late afternoon Barcelona confirmed they had accepted the bid and a transfer of a player they bought four years ago looked certain.

The fee, equivalent to Neymar’s buyout clause, shatters the existing record of €105m, set last year by Paul Pogba.

PSG’s new star went for over double the price paid out by Manchester United for the ex-Juventus midfielder, setting a new precedent in world football.

Neymar emerged as a teenage wonderkid at Santos, winning the Copa Libertadores in 2011 before switching Brazil for Catalunya.

After moving to Camp Nou in 2013 the Brazilian hit 105 goals in 186 games for Barca, forming part of the formidable MSN forward line alongside Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi.

Having gone trophyless in his debut season Neymar celebrated the treble in 2014-15, adding a further Liga and two Copa del Rey trophies in the following two campaigns as well as a host of other team and individual titles.

Neymar stranded as La Liga rejects his transfer

Neymar has attempted to pay the €222million (£198m) fee to release him from his contract with Barcelona – but La Liga has rejected it.

A sports lawyer working for the player, Juan de Dio Crespo, deposited a cheque with the Spanish League on Thursday morning but the payment has not been accepted.

A La Liga statement read, ‘We can confirm that the lawyers of the player have come to La Liga to deposit the clause and that it has been rejected. It is all the information we will give so far.’

Neymar – who has delayed his arrival in Paris until Friday – is now in a race against time to register with the French league so he can make his debut on Saturday against Amiens. He needs to register a provisional transfer by Friday to make it in time to kick-off PSG‘s first match of the season.

La Liga president Javier Tebas in an interview with AS, said he would not accept the clause because of the doubts over PSG’s financing.

He said, “In terms of PSG, it is a clear case of financial doping, with the club and the state. PSG’s accounts show that they have a larger commercial income than Real Madrid and Manchester United, which is to say that the value of their brand is greater than those clubs. Well, that is impossible.”

He added, “We will not accept that money from a club like PSG that, without belonging to La Liga, want to embrace the rights of our organisation.”

My Russian in-laws will kill me if Eagles miss 2018 World Cup – Mikel

My Russian in-laws will kill me if Eagles miss 2018 World Cup – Mikel Super Eagles captain Mikel Obi has said he would be “killed” by his Russian in-laws and friends if Nigeria fails to qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup holding in Russia. Mikel has two kids from his Russian wife Olga Diyachenko. The Nigerian captain now playing in the Chinese league told FIFA.COM that his Russian family would love to see their in-law leading the Eagles on their home ground. : He said, “My wife is Russian. And many of our relatives and friends are from Russia. They are all expecting Nigeria to qualify for the next World Cup. I think they will kill me if I fail them.” : Super Eagles are ahead in Group as Nigeria prepares to host Cameroon in Uyo on August 31 and Mikel strongly believes that the team would maintain the good run for the ticket to Russia. : He said, “We are in a very good position in our group. We have two wins from two games, and in our last game we beat Algeria at home. We have a very good young team and the players play good football. If we can win our next match it will edge us closer to qualification. I think we can go through.” : The former Chelsea midfielder however warned that it could quite tough with current African champions Cameroon. : “As everyone knows, they are a very good team. : “They are strong and they play with confidence. We must get ourselves well prepared for this game and try our best to get on top against them. It won’t be easy but these are important matches. If we win both, we will be almost there.” : Eagles currently top Group B with six points after back-to-back victories against Zambia in Ndola, Zambia and Algeria in Nigeria. Lions of Cameroon are second with two points while the Zambians are third on one point and Algeria are bottom with just a point.

Iheanacho completes £25 million Leicester move

Image may contain: 1 personSuper Eagles Star @kelechi72 Iheanacho becomes current Nigeria most expensive player after completing medical at Leicester ahead £25m transfer
The Nigerian striker, #KelechiIheanacho, has completed his medical ahead of £25 million move from Manchester City to Leicester City.
It was gathered that personal terms have been agreed and that transfer which gives City option to buy Iheanacho back for £50 million was nearing completion.
City believe the 20-year old Nigerian has the potential to become a world-class goalscorer, but presently they are struggling to guarantee him regular first-team football.
Having joined the City Academy as a 17-year-old, Iheanacho has played 46 games for the senior side over the past two seasons but he has made just one start in 2017, back on 2 January against Burnley.
The fee makes him the most expensive Nigerian player ever, displacing Odion Ighalo when he signed for Chinese club Changchun Yatai for £20 million in January. @nff

Osinbajo orders 24 hours power supply for Ariaria Market Aba

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people sitting and beard

Nigeria’s Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has directed the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing to intervene and ensure that the Ariaria International Market in Aba, Abia States, enjoys 24 hours supply of electric power.
The city of Aba is noted for its huge commercial activities, while the Ariaria Market is one of the most popular markets in the southern part of the country.
Mr Osinbajo’s directive, according to a statement issued on Tuesday by the Presidency, followed a “strong and persuasive case” made for the market by the Governor of Abia State, Okezie Ikpeazu.
A team from the Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is said to have already visited the market for a technical study to collect data that would determine the market’s power requirements.
The leadership of various clusters in the market is said to have agreed to assist the REA with all the support required to implement the project.
The President, Aba Chamber of Commerce, Emma Nwakpadolu, thanked the acting president, the federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing, and the Abia State government for their plans for the market.
The federal government’s delegation to Ariaria was led by the Managing Director, REA, Damilola Ogunbiyi, while the Abia government delegation was led by Chinenye Nwogu and the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Public Communications, Sam Hart.

%d bloggers like this: