Posts Tagged ‘barcelona’

Incredible ovation as Inesta bows down as Barca player

Barcelona Send Iniesta Off With Win Over SociedadSpanish LaLiga champions Barcelona ended the 2017/2018 season on a winning note as they pipped Real Sociedad 1-0 at the Nou Camp on Sunday.

January signing Philippe Coutinho scored the only goal of the game in the 57th minute.

The win was legend Andres Iniesta’s 675th and final game for Barcelona. He went off to a standing ovation as he was replaced by Lionel Messi on 67 minutes.

 Champions Barcelona ended the season on 93 points after 38 league games played.

They won 28 league games, drew eight and lost just one game which was a surprise 5-4 away loss to Levante.

Advertisements

Yaya Toure says good bye to Man. City

Image result for yaya toureIt is real that Manchester City engine room, Yaya Toure will be leaving the club couples of weeks as reports have it.

Pep Guardiola has confirmed that Yaya Toure will leave Manchester City when his contract expires at the end of this season after winning three Premier League titles, three EFL Cups and the FA Cup.

 

The 34-year-old midfielder joined City from Barcelona in 2010 and became a driving force behind City’s successes over the past decade. Toure scored the winning goal in the 2011 FA Cup final against Stoke City, ending a 35-year trophy drought for his club and a maiden Premier League crown arrived the following season.

 

He has been a more marginal figure this time around as Guardiola’s City have sauntered to the title, with all nine of his top-flight appearances coming from the bench. City will lift the Premier League trophy after their game against Huddersfield Town on Sunday and Guardiola confirmed Brighton and Hove Albion’s visit in their final home match of the campaign will be a celebratory farewell for Toure.

 

Asked whether a decision had been reached regarding Toure’s future, Guardiola said: “Yes, he’s not going to stay next season. In the Brighton game we are going to make one of the most beautiful farewells one player can receive. All that game will be focused on winning the game against Brighton and on Yaya. We are going to try to win for him. We cannot forget we have magnificent facilities but we cannot forget that the club gets higher and higher because of the players”. 

 

“Yaya Toure came here at the start of this idea of the club and what we are in this moment is because of what this guy has done.  “We cannot forget that in the leagues from the period of [former managers] Roberto Mancini and Manuel Pellegrini, Yaya was the key, key, key player. We will prepare tomorrow’s [sic, Sunday’s] game for our celebrations and then after is for Yaya” Guardiola added.

 

In all competitions, Toure has made 315 appearances for City, scoring 82 goals

Why Barcelona, Neymar at war

Image result for NeymarBarcelona and Neymar are still at loggerhead over his departure from the club unceremoniously .

It has been reported that FIFA rejected Neymar’s denouncement against Barcelona for alleged unpaid bonuses. The Brazilian forward had demanded he be payed a €40m bonus which had reportedly been withheld by the Catalan club following his exit last summer.

Now that FIFA has communicated their decision to the player’s representatives and the club, the case will now enter the “ordinary justice” system, although Neymar’s lawyers could still take it to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

 

It is most likely, however, that the legal dispute will continue in the “ordinary courts”. Neymar departed Barcelona last year in controversial terms, signing for PSG for a world record fee of £198m. He then claimed to have not been paid a bonus owed by the Blaugrana, which he said made him feel “very bad”.

 

Barcelona spokesman Josep Vives had previously said: “The club will not pay the bonus to Neymar’s father. There were three conditions: the player must not negotiate his departure from the club during the month before the bonus became payable, he must demonstrate his desire to fulfil his contract, and that we would not pay out the bonus before September 1, to ensure the transfer window was closed. Now that we know that none of these three conditions were met, we will not honour that bonus.”

Suarez backs Barcelona to sign Coutinho

Suarez Begs Barcelona To Move For Liverpool’s CoutinhoLuis Suarez wants Barcelona to step up the pursuit of Liverpool star Philippe Coutinho because he’s convinced the Brazilian will offer “a lot” to the Catalans.

The Reds attacking midfielder was the subject of significant interest from Barca in the last transfer window, with Coutinho identified as one of several candidates to replace Neymar after his switch to Paris Saint-Germain.

Coutinho attempted to force a move himself, making it clear to Liverpool that his desire was to leave for Camp Nou, but the Premier League club held firm to keep their man.

Reports since have suggested that Barca will be going back in for Coutinho, and Suarez – who played with him at Liverpool – is all for linking up with the former Inter talent once again.

When asked how much Coutinho would offer Barca, Suarez told Mundo Deportivo: “A lot.

“I know him as a person and as a player because I played with him, but everyone knows what Coutinho can contribute. He is a footballer who today is at a very high level.

“Obviously he must have wanted [to join Barca] because he is a player who has ambition and any player would want to come to Barcelona.

“He went through a difficult and very complicated moment, but as a professional he has continued to show how good a player he is and the individual quality he has.

“Despite trying to leave Liverpool he continued helping the team and working. He is demonstrating that he is a professional who has the ambition to take a step further.”

Barcelona completes €105M Dembele signing from Dortmund

GFX Transfer Ousmane Dembele Barcelona Borussia DortmundThe 20-year-old sealed his dream move to the Catalan side after the clubs reached an agreement, making him the second most expensive player in history

Barcelona have completed the signing of Ousmane Dembele from Borussia Dortmund in a deal potentially worth €147 million.

Barca have confirmed a €105m initial fee for Dembele, with Dortmund to receive a further €42m in bonuses. The forward’s release clause has been set at €400m.

The €222m received from Paris Saint-Germain for Neymar sparked the Liga side’s pursuit of Dembele and Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho in the close season, but they saw bids for each rejected.

While Liverpool have stood firm on their insistence that Coutinho is not for sale, Dortmund have surrendered to Dembele’s wishes and allowed him to leave.

The France international had made clear his desire to join Ernesto Valverde’s side by skipping training, resulting in him being indefinitely suspended by Dortmund.

Dembele spent just one season in Germany after joining from Rennes for €15m in July 2016, scoring 10 goals in 50 games in all competitions for BVB.

He will arrive in Spain over the weekend to undergo a medical and sign his contract ahead of his official unveiling at Camp Nou on Monday.

Neymar attacks Barca Board

Image result for neymar pictures at psg

The Paris Saint-Germain star thinks his former club needs to make changes at the top to again become competitive

Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar has taken a shot at Barcelona’s board, saying the club “deserve much better” than the current leadership.

The 25-year-old Brazilian departed Barca for PSG earlier this summer in a world-record €222 move, despite having signed a contract extension last year.

He’s off to a flying start for the Ligue 1 side, scoring twice in his home debut on Sunday as PSG earned a 6-2 win over Toulouse.

 And Neymar spoke to reporters after the win to shed some light on his exit from the Catalan club.

“When I arrived, everything started well but then… at Barcelona, there are directors that shouldn’t be there. I’m very sad with them,” he said in quotes published by Football Espana.

“I had four very happy years there, but Barca deserve much better. I have a lot of friends there, I hope things get better for Barca and that they go back to being a team that can compete.”

Real Madrid Will Appeal Ronaldo’s Red Card Vs Barcelona-Zidane

 Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane has confirmed that the club will appeal the red card handed to Cristiano Ronaldo in the first leg of the Spanish Super Cup against Barcelona at Camp Nou on Sunday.

Ronadlo came off the bench in place of Karim Benzema in the second half to score a beautiful goal from a great shot and was yellow-carded for taking off his shirt in celebration, but would soon go into referee Ricardo de Burgos Bengoetxea’s books again for ‘simulation’ although television replays showed the Portuguese star lost his footing under the challenge of Samuel Umtiti.

“We played a great game but I am annoyed by Cristiano’s sending off,” The Mirror quotes Zidane

“Perhaps it wasn’t a penalty but the red card is a little harsh. We can’t change it, but we’ll try and make sure he plays on Wednesday,” the former Real Madrid ‘galatico’ revealed.

Meanwhile Madrid captain Sergio Ramos also expressed his dissatisfaction over the sending off incident on Sunday night.

“I was far away, but I think it was a piece of play in which (Ronaldo) lost his balance, rather than feigning anything,”  Ramos told Spanish media outlet Marca.

“It could be appealed. Sending off a key player with 10 minutes remaining of a Clasico in which we’ve given our all is something which needs to be evaluated and thought about.”

“In no moment was it a penalty,” the Los Blancos defender added.

“I will need to watch it and evaluate it because I don’t think the referee would blow for an action in which there was nothing there, knowing that he could be mistaken.

“My feeling was that it wasn’t (a penalty).”

%d bloggers like this: