Posts Tagged ‘chelsea’

Trending: How Chelsea Signed £40m Bakayoko From Monaco

Chelsea have completed the signing of French midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from AS Monaco on a five-year deal believed to be in the region of £40m. Chelsea made the announcement on their official website on Saturday.

“Tiemoue Bakayoko is a Chelsea player having today completed a transfer from Monaco,” a statement on Chelsea’s website reads.

“Bakayoko, 22, is a tall, strong and quick central midfielder who was instrumental in Monaco’s Ligue 1 triumph last season, as well as their impressive run to the Champions League semi-finals.

“He recently made his debut for France in the same line-up as new team-mate N’Golo Kante, and is widely recognised as one of the best young central midfielders in European football.”

Bakayoko, who will wear the No.14 shirt, said: ” I am very happy to be here and to join this great team. I have grown up watching Chelsea. Signing was the natural thing for me because it is a club I loved very much in my childhood.

“I am now looking forward to evolving under this fantastic coach and alongside so many great team-mates.”

Bakayoko becomes Chelsea’s third signing after Willy Caballero and Antonio Rudiger arrived from Manchester City and Roma respectively.

Eden Hazard set to join Real Madrid as Chelsea ‘agrees deal

Eden Hazard has reportedly already agreed a deal to join Real Madrid from Chelsea in the summer

According to reports in Spain, the Belgian international will move to the Bernabeu and be on similar wages to Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale

Eden Hazard has agreed a deal to make a sensational switch to Real Madrid, according to reports.

The Chelsea star has been linked with a move to the Bernabeu in a bank-busting £100million move after rediscovering his form at Stamford Bridge

An Spanish outlet Don Balon are claiming Hazard, 26, has reached an agreement to make the move to the La Liga giants in the summer.

 Real boss Zinedine Zidane is a huge fan of the Belgium international and has hinted at testing the Blues resolve in keeping one of their key men.

The deal would also see Hazard earn similar wages to that of Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale.

And it could also see James Rodriguez flogged to Manchester United to create funds for the mega-money move with Roman Abramovich demanding at least £85million.Eden Hazard has been linked with a move away from Chelsea with Real Madrid keen on the Belgian international

Roma defender Rudiger completes £34m Chelsea move

The centre-back had been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge last year and the Blues reignited their interest this summer, agreeing a fee with the Serie A side last week.

He has signed a five-year deal with the Premier League champions, and will wear the No.2 shirt that was vacated by Branislav Ivanovic following his sale to Zenit in January.

Rudiger spent two seasons at Roma after joining from Stuttgart, and made 26 Serie A appearances in 2016-17 as they finished second to Juventus, and he has now signed a five-year deal at the Blues.

He had been contracted to Roma until 2020, but has opted for a switch to the Premier League, becoming the Blues’s second summer signing following the arrival of goalkeeper Willy Caballero.

EMBED ONLY Antonio Rudiger Chelsea GFX

“It’s a great feeling because not every player has the opportunity to join a huge club like this,” he told the club’s official website.

“I am looking forward to meeting up with my new team-mates and I’m very proud to officially become a Chelsea player.”

The 24-year-old adds to Antonio Conte’s defensive options after the departure of John Terry, now with Aston Villa, and Nathan Ake, sold to Bournemouth for £20m.

John Terry Joins Aston Villa

John Terry signs for Aston Villa

 The Chelsea defender will confirm his move to Villa Park in the coming hours, after owner Dr. Tony Xia announced the deal on Twitter.

The former Chelsea defender called time on his 21-year association with the Stamford Bridge club this summer when his contract expired.

Terry made 690 appearances in total for Chelsea, scoring 65 goals, as he won five Premier League titles, five FA Cups, three League Cups, the Champions League and the Europa League.

However, he has now moved down a division in search of even more silverware, and he is relishing the challenge.

“I am delighted to join Aston Villa,” he told the club’s official website.

John Terry Aston Villa

“It’s a club I have admired from afar for many years – there are fantastic facilities at Bodymoor Heath, Villa Park is one of the finest stadiums in the country and there’s a good group of players here, with an experienced and successful manager in Steve Bruce.

“I can’t wait to get started now and look to help the squad achieve something special this season.”

Aston Villa John Terry

Reports suggest that Terry will sign a one-year deal at Villa Park, with a bonus of around £4 million if they are promoted to the Premier League.

Terry is said to have rejected proposals from Galatasaray, West Brom, Swansea and a number of other clubs from across the globe.

Thus, his signing for Villa will represent something of a coup for Villa boss Steve Bruce.

Reasons Chelsea sacked Diego Costa revealed

Diego Costa HDLots of reasons have surfaced after Chelsea sacked their top striker, Diego Costa.

The Spain striker says that his career at Stamford Bridge is over but why would Chelsea get rid of their top scorer?

Diego Costa dropped a bombshell after Spain’s 2-2 draw with Colombia on Wednesday by revealing that Chelsea manager Antonio Conte had sent him a message to say that he was surplus to requirements at Stamford Bridge.

The 28-year-old has been Chelsea’s top scorer for three consecutive seasons but he hasn’t always been happy in west London and hasn’t adapted well to life in England’s capital city.

Despite Costa’s unhappiness, those around the club had hoped he would eventually settle in England but it has become increasingly clear in recent months that this was never going to happen.

The Blues hierarchy have been planning to offload Costa for a long time, with both Conte and owner Roman Abramovich in agreement that the striker needs to be sold.

They have long since lost patience in him and it appears that the club are happy to distance themselves from a key player. With each day that has passed in 2017, Costa has become more unhappy and his behaviour more erratic.

From a purely footballing sense, Conte adores Costa’s work-rate on the field. Costa’s goals were worth more points for Chelsea than any other player’s in the Premier League last season but Romelu Lukaku and Alvaro Morata have been lined up for a long time to come in as his replacement.

The plans were put in place for Costa’s exit towards the end of January as Costa was dropped following a row with Conte and his fitness coach. This row took place after an offer was received from China to make the forward the second highest paid player in the world.

Chelsea do not have a buyer yet for Costa despite interest in his services in previous months. Atletico Madrid tried to re-sign him last summer and again ahead of the upcoming window but a transfer ban has delayed any business until at least January 2018.

Four clubs in China wanted Costa and Tianjin Quanjian made a formal offer for the Spain international, only for it to be rejected by Chelsea in January. This led to a falling out between Conte and Costa but the pair put their differences temporarily aside to secure the Premier League title.
Tianjin wanted to return with a new bid this summer but the Chinese authorities imposed a 100% tax on the club’s transfer business, leading to them cooling their interest as a move would have cost over £150 million.

Costa is in limbo and calling for clubs to come in for him. At this stage a stay at Chelsea is possible in the absence of a solid buyer but AC Milan are the newest team to register their interest.

Football: Conte, Pochettino, Pulis Nominated For EPL Best Manager Award

Image result for Antonio ConteChelsea boss Antonio Conte and Mauricio Pochettino are among a list of six nominees for the Premier League Manager of the Season award.

 The shortlist  which was released on Monday by the Premier Leafue, has four surprise names Swansea City boss Paul Clement, Tony Pulis of West Brom, Eddie Howe of Bournemouth and Burnley’s Sean Dyche.

Notable managers like Arsenal’s Arsene Wenger, Manchester United’s Jose Mourinho, Manchester City’s Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp of Liverpool were however omitted from the list. Conte’s inclusion did not come as a surprise after guiding Chelsea to their second Premier League title in three seasons. He will be leading his side out in the FA Cup final againt Arenal in Wembley on May 27.

Pochettino has had an outstanding season with Spurs after guaranteeing a second place finish in the league and a place in next season’s UEFA Champions League.

Aside from doing well in the league, Pochettino led Spurs to the semi-final of this season’s FA Cup.

The quartet of Clement, Pulis, Dyche and Howe were instrumental in making sure their teams maintain their EPL status.Related image

Trending: Victor Moses wins First EPL title with Chelsea

Image result for Victor MosesLots of Nigerians have been congratulating Victor Moses of Super Eagles as his club in England, Chelsea FC crowned champions of 2016/2017 English Premier League after edging West Bromwich Albion 1-0 in a hard-fought game at the Hawthorns on Friday.

Belgian forward Michy Batshuayi was the hero for Chelsea as he pounced on Cesar Azpilicuerta’s ball across goal to give Chelsea the win.

Super Eagles forward Victor Moses was in action for Chelsea and went close on several occasions to give Chelsea the lead before going off for Kurt Zouma late in the game.

The game was Moses’ 33rd league appearances for Chelsea this season, scoring three goals. It’s the Nigeria star’s first Premier League title.

This is Chelsea’s sixth league title (1955, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2015) and their fifth in the Premier League era.

It is also their second EPL title in the last three seasons.

The win took Chelsea to 87 points with two games to play.

However, Luiz who has been a revelation for Chelsea this season since he returned for a second spell at Stamford Bridge told the Daily Mail in an interview on Friday that Nigerian international Moses has been brilliant in his new position.

Moses has scored three goals as a wing-back this season.

“It’s like football, I know things a bit more now,” Luiz told the Daily Mail.
“I think in a different way. I love our system. It has helped so many players. But, don’t forget, we had also lost games.

“If the manager had started the season playing Victor Moses at right wing-back, everyone would have said, “He’s crazy — go back to Italy.” But with the right circumstances, he’s had an amazing season.

“Everyone thought he was crazy when I came back, too. But I know my role. Cover everybody, cover the space. It is not the best position for me with the ball. Gary Cahill and Cesar Azpilicueta touch the ball more than me, because all the strikers stay with me.”

 

%d bloggers like this: