Posts Tagged ‘Naija Street Champ’

(Entertainment) Rodney, Releases Debut Hit Single ‘Baba Loke’

Rodney 001

The Winner of the Season 1 of the Naija Street Champ – Rodney Brown Edemhanria also known as ‘Rodney the Monster’ has released his debut hit single titled ‘Baba Loke’ to the music scene.

The single titled ‘Baba Loke’ which is expected to be a hit track and club banger is produced by ID Cabbasa and released under the Unmissable Music, the record label of Unmissable Incentives Limited.

Rodney who won the ultimate prize of One Million Naira and a 3 years recording deal as winner of the talent hunt competition described the single ‘Baba Loke’ as a message showing appreciation to God and all his fans for facilitating his success at the Naija Street Champ competition.

Speaking on Rodney’s debut single, the Project Manager, Naija Street Champ and Producer Unmissable Music- Oladehinde Fajana stated that ‘Baba Loke’ is the result of the intensive grooming and mentoring by the three producers Terry G, ID Cabasa and D’Tunes who were guest judges at the competition.

Baba Loke by Rodney is currently up for download on http://my.notjustok.com/track/1404/rodney-baba-loke and free promo copies are available at all music outlets in Lagos.

Rodney is currently in the studio with his producers working on another single to be released soon which is expected to shake the Nigerian music scene.

(Interview) I will use the money to support my career-Winner Naija Street Champ 2014, Rodney Brown

rodney winner
Rodney Brown Edemhanria also known as ‘Rodney the Monster’ emerged the winner of the first season of the street music talents hunt competition-Naija Street Champ.

Rodney, 25 representing Ikeja zone of the competition was adjudged the best of the last standing 4 contestants that made it to the Grand Finale concert held at the Eko FM Hall, LTV studios, Agidingbi, Ikeja Lagos on Saturday July 26, 2014.

On the night where the atmosphere was turbo charged with electrifying performances from the contestants with wild enthusiasm from their large crowd of supporters who stormed the venue of the concert to support their favourite talent.

The first round of performance saw the elimination of Sulaimon Idris (Dabreez) – one of the competition’s revelation and strong contender since audition from the Surulere zone which he represents. He was rewarded with a consolatory cash prize of One Hundred Thousand Naira Only.

To decide who will go home with the One Million Naira Cash prize and the 3 year music recording contract, the last three contestants Shanuolu Adesola (Sholz), Rodney Brown Edemhanria (Rodney) and the only lady standing Abimbola Olugbenga (Raptitude) performed twice on stage thrilling the ever excited crowd with their songs on beats produced by Terry G and ID Cabassa.

Impressed with their performances but unable to decide, the panel of Judges, Terry G, ID Cabassa and D’Tunes then tasked the three contestants for another round of freestyle performance.

At the end of the thrilling freestyle performance, the Judges unanimously declared Rodney Brown Edemhanria as the winner of the season 1 of Naija Street Champ. They also have kind words for the two other contestants promising to help them achieve greatness in their career. D’Tunes announced that he will be given out the sum of Three Hundred Thousand Naira each to the other two contestants.
Assessing the first edition of the Naija Street Champ, The Project Manager Oladehinde Fajana expressed satisfaction with the project which he described as a huge success. He expressed optimism that the subsequent seasons will be more robust. He then used the medium to call on brand custodians to take the opportunity of the project to reach their target especially the Youth market.

Speaking in this interview session with Fujiipop Entertainment Reporter, Richard Authur, after he was announced the winner, Rodney reveals what he will use the 1 Million naira he won as Naija Street Champ to support his musical career.
Excerpts:
rodney 2
Congratulations for emerging as the winner of the competition
Thanks a lot.

What is your name?

My name is Rodney Brown Edemarel.

Where are you from?

I’m from Edo State.

How old are you?

I’m 25 years old.

How long have you been doing music?

I’ve been doing music for close to about 7 years now.
Before today did you believe you can win this competition?

I believe more is there and I also believe I will make it. I told everybody that I was going to make it back stage before my name was announced the winner.

How do you feel now that you have won the competition?

I feel happy, very happy.

From this stage, what is your next level?

From here straight to the top.

What do you want to do with the money?

I will use it to support my career, I’m going to use it wisely by the grace of God.

Your academic, are you through with school?

Actually I’m going to study great things.

Do you think you have what it takes to compete in the Nigerian music industry?

By grace of God I’m a star, I’m a super star.

What do you think you can offer the Nigerian music industry?

Well, I’m bringing diversity, I’m bringing flexibility, I’m bringing the best, I believe I have a surprise for everybody.

Do you envisage winning this competition?

If I envisaged, Honestly like I said before, it was just God, I never believed it but I always believed that God will take me to the top.

The journey of winning this competition, where did it start?

Well it was so funny because I never wanted to come but I thank God, I’ ve been to different competitions and I’ ve always dropped either at the last round, quarter finals or semi finals, it was the street, they brought me out, when they came everybody started shouting Rodney, Rodney, Rodney, so I was invited to come down by the mc, when I came down. They picked me out, my street loves me, and they love me so much. It was all from the street, they brought me here that was how it started.

Voting for Naija Street Champ Code is Out ‘33140’

Naija Street Champ sms WINNER CONTESTANT NAME to 33140

Sulaimon Idris (Dabreez) representing Surulere zone, Shanuolu Adesola (Sholz) representing Ipaja Zone, Rodney Brown Edemhanria (Rodney) representing Ikeja zone and Abimbola Olugbenga (Raptitude) representing Bariga/Akoka zone are the finalists.

Last 4You could therefore vote for your favourite candidate.

(Entertainment News) Naija Street Champ takes final to L T V Ground @tj_shetade

…Four finalists fight for N1m

Four finalists have emerged for the grand finale of Naija Street Champ as Celestine Ogar (Big Daddy Africa) was evicted from the competition. The quest to bag the million naira prize for the winner of the music talent competition continues as the last standing 4 contestants prepares for the concluding concert performance.

Celestine Ogar, (Big Daddy Africa) who was one of the 3 contestants that qualified from the Festac Audition of the competition. Big Daddy Africa earned his spot in the top 5 position as a result of his unique RnB style of music but was edged out in the competition as he emerged the finalist with the least votes during the final voting round.

Last 4

Announcing the result of the final voting round, the Project Manager Oladehinde Fajana revealed that Sholz had the highest votes with 5.69% online votes and 30.3% SMS votes total 35.99%, followed by Raptitude with 0.42% online votes and 23.27% SMS votes total 23.69%, Rodney came third with 2.92% online votes and 17.00% SMS votes total 19.92% followed by Dabreez who had 0.22% online votes and 13.55% SMS votes total 13.77%, Big Daddy had the least votes with 0.75% online votes and 5.88% SMS total 6.63%.

Fajana explained that the votes were a combination of the online and SMS votes. 10% of the online votes were used with 90% of the SMS votes to make a total of 100%. “The votes emerged from both the SMS and Online platforms giving every contestant a wide opportunity to qualify for the final stage.

After the eviction of Big Daddy Africa, the top four finalists were unveiled. The Four finalists that will be competing for the one million naira prize and 3 years recording deal in the finale are Sulaimon Idris (Dabreez) representing Surulere zone, Shanuolu Adesola (Sholz) representing Ipaja Zone, Rodney Brown Edemhanria (Rodney) representing Ikeja zone and Abimbola Olugbenga (Raptitude) representing Bariga/Akoka zone.

Speaking on the progress of the competition Fajana expressed his gratitude to the media for their support throughout the competition, “We are highly grateful to our media partners and partner producers Terry G, D’tunes, and ID Cabasa for supporting us throughout this project, Naija Street Champ has indeed come to stay”

Fajana, also used the opportunity to disclose that the finale will be held at Blue Roof LTV Agidingbi Lagos on June 26, 2014 where the first ever Naija Street Champ will be crowned and presented with the 1 million naira prize and 3 years recording contract. He also stated that information on the finale will be disclosed in due course.

%d bloggers like this: