Posts Tagged ‘real madrid’

Champions League: How Leipzig shocked Atletico Madrid ready to play PSG Semi-final Clash

Bundesliga club RB Leipzig stunned Atletico Madrid 2-1 in Thursday night’s UEFA Champions League quarter-final in Lisbon, Portugal.

It is the first time ever Leipzig will reach the semi-final of the Champions League in their 11-year history.

They are now the first German side outside of Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund to reach the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League since Schalke in 2010/11.
After a goalless first half Leipzig broke the deadlock through Olmo who headed in Marcel Sabitzer’s cross from the right.

Felix who came on for Hector Herrera in the 58th minute, made it 1-1 from the penaltyB116FE68-75DF-4F5C-B139-122025EAB68F spot after he fouled inside the 18-yard box.

But with two minutes remaining in the game, Adams who was introduced on 72 minutes put Leipzig back in front with a powerful shot which took a deflection and beat Jan Oblak.

Leipzig will face Paris Saint-Germain in the semi-final on Tuesday 18 August.

Victor Moses shines in Europa League, helps Inter beat Leverkusen to qualify for Semi-finals

D05CB7AD-8A8C-400D-BC01-D21492316BF6Victor Moses was in action for Inter Milan who beat Bayer Leverkusen 2-1 in the quarter-final of this season’s Europa League on Monday in Dusseldorf, Germany, Completesports.com reports.

The game was Moses’ third appearance for Inter in this season’s Europa League after he replaced Danilo D’Ambrosio in the 59th minute.

Goals from Nicolo Barella and Romelu Lukaku in the 15th and 21st minutes respectively, helped Inter progress into the semi-final.
Kai Havertz, who has been linked with a move to Chelsea, got Leverkusen’s goal in the 25th minute.

Manchester City unveils ace defender Nathan Ake from Bournemouth in a £41m deal

8BDA4BB5-D817-4178-80F3-47A410226DDDManchester City have completed the signing of Bournemouth defender, Nathan Ake in a £41m deal.

The Holland international, 25, who has since undergone a medical and penned a five-year contract, completed the move on Wednesday, August 5.

‘City have been the best side in England over the course of the last decade,’ Ake said on his move.

‘Coming here is a dream for me. This is a top side full of world-class players. Everywhere you look in this squad there are big names with international pedigree.

‘Pep is a manager admired across the world – what he’s done in the game speaks for itself. The success he’s had is unbelievable and the style of football he plays really appeals to me.

300BE8DB-5D0F-4803-A247-846D2F7D059B‘I know I’m going to have to work hard to get into the side, but that’s what I’m here to do. I’ll do whatever I can to make an impact and help the team win silverware.’

The Dutch centre-back’s arrival comes just a day after City announced their first deal of the summer transfer window after signing winger Ferran Torres from Valencia.

How Liverpool star, Fabinho’s home burgled when celebrating club’s’ Premier League title win after 30 years

74420A8D-BDF0-4E7F-B50F-45D755718F18

This is not best of time for Liverpool midfielder, Fabinho. His home was reportedly burgled on Wednesday night as he celebrated the club’s Premier League title win.

The break-in is said to have happened between 3pm on Wednesday afternoon and 4am on Thursday morning while no one was at home.

It’s believed the thieves entered his home while the 26-year-old was at Anfield celebrating the club lifting the Premier League trophy for the first time in 30-years following their 5-3 victory against Chelsea..

Police said a number of jewellery items were stolen in the Formby burglary, while a grey Audi RS6 was also taken and later discovered and recovered in the Wigan area.

The occupants, that include Fabinho and his family, discovered the house had been broken into as they entered the home, police said.

A spokesman for Merseyside Police said: ‘Detectives in Sefton are appealing for information following a burglary in Formby.

‘Police were called to an address in the early hours of this morning (Thursday, 23 July), when the occupants entered their house to find it had been burgled.
‘No-one was in the property at the time of the incident but it was thought the burglary happened sometime between 3pm on Wednesday, 22 July and 4am on Thursday, 23 July.

‘A number of jewellery items were stolen, alongside a grey Audi RS6, which has since been recovered in the Wigan area.

‘The house and car have been forensically examined by Crime Scene Investigators and CCTV enquiries in the area are on-going.

‘Detectives would urge anyone who has any information about this incident, especially anyone who was in the area and may have dash-cam footage which shows a grey Audi RS6 to get in contact. DM @MerPolCC or call 101 quoting reference 188 of 23 July. You can also contact @CrimestoppersUK anonymously on 0800 555 111.’

Real reason Hazard left Chelsea FC

Gianfranco Zola: "Government Provisions Regarding Coronavirus Must ...Former Chelsea assistant coach, Gianfranco Zola, has revealed that Real Madrid forward, Eden Hazard, was “bored” during his time at Stamford Bridge because of former Blues manager, Maurizio Sarri’s coaching style.

Hazard left Chelsea last summer for La Liga giant, Real Madrid after leading the West London club to win the UEFA Europa League trophy.

Speaking with beIN Sports, Zola said, “They were talented players, like Hazard and Willian.

“These players know how to win matches on their own.

“But they were suffering from the type of exercises and type of training we were doing.

“I will be honest, and they were brilliant because they got bored.

“But boring is part of our job. Sometimes you need to get bored, but when you get bored you persist in what you are doing, and you get better.”

 

Who will safe Valencia team from coronavirus infection? 35% of squad confirmed positive

?Spanish club, Valencia confirms 35% of squad and backroom staff have tested positive for coronavirusIt has been reported that spanish club, Valencia have confirmed that 35% of their squad and backroom staff have tested positive for the coronavirus but that all cases are currently asymptomatic.

The La Liga club had already reported five cases of coronavirus on Sunday, with Argentina’s Ezequiel Garay and France’s Eliaquim Mangala among those who had contracted the virus.

Addressing the coronavirus outbreak at the club, the La Liga side said in a statement: “Several further tests for the COVID-19 coronavirus amongst Valencia coaching staff and players have come back positive,”

“Despite the strict measures adopted by the club after their Champions League game … these latest results show the exposure inherent to such matches has caused a positive test rate of around 35%,” Valencia added.

“All cases are asymptomatic and those involved are currently isolated at home, receiving medical assessment and carrying out their scheduled training plan.”

Globally, the coronavirus has infected almost 180,000 people and killed over 7,000.

Photos: How Chelsea battled from 4-1 dramatic to draw 4-4 with Ajax in UEFA Champions League

 Chelsea battle from 4-1 to draw 4-4 with Ajax in UEFA Champions League  Chelsea starlets Reece James and Jorginho were the heroes as Chelsea recorded an incredible comeback draw at home to Ajax in the Champions League on Tuesday evening despite being 3-1 down at half time.

The first leg ended with a win for Chelsea in Amsterdam, so it was no surprise as the match started at a hectic pace, as Tammy Abraham scored against his own team with an erroneous  touch from Ajax Promes free kick after just two minutes.

Chelsea then almost swiftly equalised from the penalty spot through former Chelsea coach Maurizio Saree’s protege Jorginho, but Dutch champions Ajax were soon back ahead through attacker Quincy Promes. Ajax then increased their lead when Hakim Ziyech’s amazing free kick went in after hitting the bar and then slamming Kepa Arrizabalaga’s face before going into the net.

Ajax star, Donny van de Beek made it 4-1 after the first half, before Ajax were then reduced to nine men as Daley Blind and Joel Veltman were both given second yellow cards resulting in Jorginho’s goal from the penalty spot.
Academy graduate Reece James then completed the comeback to 4-4 before Cesar Azpilicueta scored, but Azpilicueta’s goal was then ruled out.

See more photos below:  Chelsea battle from 4-1 to draw 4-4 with Ajax in UEFA Champions League   Chelsea battle from 4-1 to draw 4-4 with Ajax in UEFA Champions League   Chelsea battle from 4-1 to draw 4-4 with Ajax in UEFA Champions League   Chelsea battle from 4-1 to draw 4-4 with Ajax in UEFA Champions League

Trending: Barcelona vs Real Madrid Clasico Postponed Over Catalonia Protests

The Barcelona and Real Madrid Clasico, Spain’s biggest football league match, has been postponed because of Catalonia protests, the Spanish football federation said Friday.

The clubs have until 10:00am (0800 GMT) on Monday to find a new date for the match originally scheduled for October 26, the federation said. If they fail to do so, the federation will choose a new date.

The Spanish football league (LFP) on Wednesday said it had asked the country’s football federation (RFEF) to move the fixture from to Madrid after three days of large-scale demonstrations which have turned increasingly violent.

Football: Real Madrid in dilemma over Gareth Bale, Luka Modric injuries

Image result for luka modricIt has been reported that Real Madrid face an anxious wait to see if Luka Modric and Gareth Bale will be fit for next week’s Clasico against Barcelona after both players missed training on Tuesday.

Modric and Bale each did gym work indoors as they attempted to recover from injuries sustained playing in the Euro 2020 qualifier between Croatia and Wales on Sunday.

It leaves Madrid uncertain over the fitness of two key players, with the crunch La Liga game against Barca at Camp Nou fast-approaching on October 26.

Wales coach Ryan Giggs said Bale was struggling with pain in his calf towards the end of their draw with Croatia in Cardiff but suggested the problem was cramp.

Madrid confirmed on Tuesday that Modric sustained a thigh injury in the match.

“Following the tests carried out today on our player Luka Modric by the Real Madrid medical department, he has been diagnosed with a bruise in his right quadriceps,” a club statement read. “His recovery will continue to be assessed.”

Real Madrid, who sit top of La Liga, play away at Mallorca on Saturday and at Barcelona a week later, with an important Champions League group game away at Galatasaray in between.

Lucas Vazquez has also picked up a knock and is unlikely to be available this weekend.

Real Madrid want to sell Isco

If reports reaching Fujiipop is anything to go by, it would be revealed that Real Madrid has told Isco to leave the club.

After having one of the worst seasons in his Real Madrid career, Isco Alarcon might be on the ‘departures’ list in the summer. Our club have seemingly started the ‘Operation Exit’ with Marcos Llorente and according to multiple sources, there will be no other signings made until the major sales are complete. In the case of Isco, no one would be against letting him leave, according to Marca.

Juventus, AC Milan and Manchester City have been reportedly interested in the midfielder and with Real Madrid needing to comply with Financial Fair Play rules and therefore generate money from sales, Isco would be shown to the door should any of the suitors make an official bid for the player.

%d bloggers like this: