Why Police Filed Criminal Charges Against Maryam Sanda For Allegedly Stabbing Husband To Death

Many people are still not beleive what they are reading in the news about Abuja based wife who allegedly stabbed her husband , Bilyamin Bello to death .

Until today that the police filed criminal charges against Maryam who allegedly stabbed her husband, Bilyamin Bello, to death last Saturday.

Bilyamin, a real estate developer, was the son of a former Peoples Democratic Party Chairman, Haliru Bello.

The Federal Capital Territory police spokesman, Anjuguri Manzah, said in a statement on Wednesday in Abuja that the command had secured a remand order against Maryam for two weeks from the FCT High Court pending the completion of investigation.

He added that this was done because the suspect had a six-month-old baby which made it difficult to remand her in prison custody.

Manzah said the case had been assigned to FCT High Court No. 32 Jabi, Abuja for trial by the Chief Judge of FCT, adding that the suspect was charged with culpable homicide punishable under section 224 of the Penal Code.

He said, “It should also be noted that this present charge is as a result of preliminary findings; at the end of investigations, additional findings will determine whether the current charge will be amended or whether other persons will be charged along with the suspect.

“To assist the police with their ongoing investigations, some persons have been invited for questioning on the matter.”

Findings by a Punch correspondent indicated that the security guards who were picked up by the police for interrogation in respect of Bilyamin’s death had been released.

Punch correspondent gathered that they narrated to investigators what they knew about the events leading to the death of the businessman.

They were said to have agreed to serve as prosecution witnesses against Maryam after volunteering information on the alleged murder to police detectives.

“The security guards were released after telling the police what they knew about the incident. They subsequently agreed to serve as prosecution witnesses, meaning that they would appear in court to give evidence on the matter,” a source explained.

Advertisements

Aiyegbeni quits Football

Aiyegbeni Retires From Football On 35th BirthdayFormer Super Eagles striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni has announced his retirement from professional football.

According to different media outfits, Aiyegbeni confirmed his retirement on his 35th birthday on Wednesday.

Aiyegbeni played for Everton, Blackburn Rovers, Leicester City (loan) and Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Reading and Coventry City during his time in England

He also featured for Kayserispor and Guagzhou R and F in Turkey and China respectively.

At international level, Aiyegbeni made his full Super Eagles debut on 22 April 2000 in a 4-0 win in Lagos against Eritrea in qualification for the Mali 2002 African Cup of Nations.

He represented Nigeria at the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games football event where the U-23 Eagles got to the quarter-finals and lost 4-1 to Chile.

Also, he was at the Mali 2002, Tunisia 2004, Ghana 2008 and Angola 2010 Africa Cup of Nations. He was sent home at the 2004 AFCON alongside Victor Agali and Celestine Babayaro for indiscipline.

His last major tournament for Nigeria was at the South Africa 2010 World Cup where he scored one goal in a 2-2 draw in a group game against South Korea and had one of the worst misses in World Cup history.

He scored 21 goals in his 57 appearances for the Super Eagles and is currently the third highest ever international goalscorer for Nigeria.

Photos: Celebration in Zimbabwe as Robert Mugabe resigns

Celebration in Zimbabwe as Robert Mugabe resigned. Photo: ZImbabwean lawmakers celebrate Robert Mugabe

UCL: Real Madrid win big, Liverpool, Tottenham Blow Big Lead

uefa-chamions-league-champions league-tottenham-liverpool-sevilla-real madrid--completesportsnigeria.comReal Madrid have booked their place in the UEFA Champions League round of 16 after they recorded the needed victory over APOEL Nicosia on match day 5 on Tuesday.

Liverpool were denied a chance to seal qualification after the squandered a three-goal lead to draw 3-3 at Sevilla.

Real Madrid join the likes of Bayern München, Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, Besiktas and Tottenham Hotspur who are already throung to the knockout stages of the competition.

Champions Madrid put their difficult spell behind by confirming their place in the next round with a 6-0 thumping of APOEL Nicosia. A brace from Karim Benzema and other strikes from Luka Modric and Nacho Fernandez in the first half goals gave the Los Blancos a deserved lead into the break.

At the restart, Cristiano Ronaldo also bagged a brace to take his Champions League tally to 18 goals in 2017 to hand Zinedine Zidane his third win of the competition in Group H.

At the Signal Iduna Park, Borussia Dortmund lost 2-1 to Tottenham Hotspur despite going ahead through a 31st minute strike from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Goals from Harry Kane and Heung-Min Son sealed top spot for the English Premier League side.uefa-chamions-league-champions league-tottenham-liverpool-sevilla-real madrid--completesportsnigeria.comAt the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium, in Spain, Sevilla came from three goals down to draw Liverpool 3-3. Guido Pizarro stoppage time goal salvaged a point for the Spanish side after they trailed 3-0 at the break.

A Sadio Mane header in between Roberto Firmino’s brace had given the Reds a 3-0 lead into the break but six minutes into the second half Wissam Ben Yedder’s header gave the Spanish side a lifeline.

The Tunisian striker bagged his second goal from the spot after he was brought down in the box by Alberto Moreno.

Liverpool conceded a late goal from another set piece to record their third draw in Group E. Jurgen Klopp’s side now have nine points from five games. Liverpool will face Spartak Moscow in their final game Sevilla are away to Maribor.

In Group F, SSC Napoli recorded their second win of the competition with a 3-0 home win over Shakhtar Donetsk. Second half goals from the in form Lorenzo Insigne, Piotr Zielinsk and Dries Mertens for Napoli further boosted the chances of qualification for the Italian side. The Italian forward scored in the 56th minute of the nervy game. In the other fixture Feyenoord frustrated Manchester City to a goalless draw at the Ethiad stadium.

Napoli now have six points from five games three adrift second placed Shakhtar Donetsk. The Italian side will be hoping the defeat Feyenoord in Holland in their final group game and Shakhtar Donetsk lose to Manchester City in Ukraine.

In Group G, RasenBallsport Leipzig brightened their chances of qualifying for the next round of the UEFA Champions League defeating AS Monaco 4-1.

An own goal from Jemerson gave AS Monaco a poor start and RB Leipzig took good advantage with Timo Werner scoring a brace. Radamel Falcao pulled on back for the host,Monaco but Naby Keita restored the German team’s three goal advantage making 4-1 before half time. The win sees RB Leipzig now tied FC Porto with to seven points thought with an inferior goal difference.

In Cyprus,Real Madrid put their difficult spell behind by confirming their place in the next round with 6-0 thumping of APOEL Nicosia. A brace from Karim Benzema and other strikes from Luka Modric and Nacho Fernandez in the first half goals gave the Los Blancos a deserved lead into the break.

At the restart, Cristiano Ronaldo also bagged a brace to hand Zinedine Zidane his third win of the competition in Group H. At the Signal Iduna Park, Borussia Dortmund lost 2-1 to Tottenham Hotspur despite going ahead through a 31st minute strike from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Goals from Harry Kane and Heung-Min Son sealed top spot for the English Premier League side.

Champions League Results

Group E
Spartak Moscow 1 – 1 Maribor
Sevilla 3 – 3 Liverpool

Group F
Manchester City 1 – 0 Feyenoord
SSC Napoli 3 – 0 Shakhtar Donetsk

Group G
Besiktas 1 – 1 FC Porto
Monaco 1 – 4 RasenBallsport Leipzig

Group H
APOEL Nicosia 0 – 6 Real Madrid
Borussia Dortmund 1 – 2 Tottenham HotspurUCL: Spurs Top Real Madrid’s Group As Liverpool Blow Big Lead

Mr. Mr2kay : Police assumes Burna Boy is on the run

Related imageIn what is appearing to be drama between Lagos state Police command and Burna Boy.

The Lagos state police command has denied claims by Burna Boy’s management that he has honored the police investigation issued yesterday November 20th. Recall that the Lagos State Police commissioner, Edgal Imohimi, at a press conference in the command headquarters, said that Burna Boy is a person of interest in the on-going investigation into Mr 2kay’s robbery attack at Eko Hotel last month. The commissioner publicly announced that Burna Boy should immediately report to the nearest police station for questioning as he has been named by arrested suspects as the mastermind of the alleged crime.

Reacting to the news, Burna Boy’s management released a statement claiming that he has honored the police invitation. Part of the statement reads

The first and only invitation Burna Boy has ever received from the police was issued November 20th, 2017. This invitation was honored November 20th, 2017 and it has been made clear that he is happy to cooperate with the police as best as he can. It is pertinent to note that he was never served an arrest warrant nor has he been declared wanted’

However, information added that the spokesperson of the Lagos state police command, Olarinde Famous-Cole, said it was only Burna Boy’s father, Samuel Ogulu, that came to the station yesterday after the press conference with claims that he, Burna Boy, is not in the country and that as soon as he arrives Nigeria, he would come to the command’s headquarters. Olarinde, however, says that the state police command believes that Burna Boy is currently on the run and that they do not believe his father’s claim that he is out of the country.

The robbery suspects that attacked Mr 2kay in Eko hotel have confessed to the police that Burna Boy paid them N100, 000 to attack Mr. 2Kay and teach him a lesson.

Trending Photo: Photo shows Tiwa Savage is pregnant again

LIB exclusive! Tiwa Savage is pregnant with baby number 2!Tiwa Savage is pregnant again!

Few days back, the mother of one hinted on social media that 2018 is going to be a serious year for her career ‘even if she gets pregnant again’.

Mummy Jam Jam is already pregnant and expecting her second child at some point in 2018. Tiwa and her husband Teebillz have since reconciled after their marriage crisis that played out on social media last year. Tiwa Savage welcomed her first child, Jamil in July 2015!

Nigeria coach, Gernot Rohr arrives Germany to scout for Nigeria football talents

Image result for Gernot RohrNigeria coach Gernot Rohr is currently in his home country Germany scouring the Bundesliga for  talent  as he aims to arrive  in Russia for  next year’s World Cup with a quality squad.

The Super Eagles qualified for their sixth World Cup after winning four of their six games to sit atop Group B, which housed African champions Cameroon, Zambia and Algeria.

Rohr, who guided Nigeria to a shock 4-2 victory over football superpowers Argentina in a friendly encounter in Krasnodar, Russia, on November 14,  has since said the players who did not play any  part during  the qualifiers will get their opportunities to break into   the World Cup squad.

Our correspondent learnt that the 64-year-old has been encouraged to revive his interest in the players he had pencilled in for the World Cup qualifiers but could not get them – after succeeding in convincing Russian-born Brian Idowu to switch his international allegiance to Nigeria after a long battle.

Reports in the German media on Monday said Rohr watched the Bundesliga clash between Hoffenheim and Eintracht Frankfurt  at Wirsol Rhein-Neckar-Arena in which German-born Nigerian centre-back  Kevin Akpoguma played the  90 minutes for the home side (Hoffenheim).

Punch information learnt that Rohr is monitoring Hannover 96  German-born Nigerian forward Noah Sarenren-Bazee’s situation. The attacker is set to return to action after six months on the treatment table  due to various problems with his thigh.

Sarenren-Bazee,  who has a German mother,  is  eligible to represent Nigeria because of his Nigerian  father, honoured   Rohr’s invitation  to feature in  the March 2017 friendlies against Senegal and Burkina Faso but the 21-year-old was forced to withdraw from the games reportedly due to injury.

Rohr was working towards persuading Akpoguma, who has represented  Germany at U16, U17, U18, U19, U20 and U21 levels, before the 22-year-old suffered a career-threatening injury.

With the combative defender having started three successive Bundesliga games since he was promoted to Die Kraichgauer’s first team, Rohr has  ramped up  his  interest in the player.

The former Gabon coach told German radio SWR on Monday that he was interested in  Akpoguma.

He  said, “I watched him play for Hoffenheim against Frankfurt on Saturday. Kevin is an excellent match for the players we are on the lookout for.

“But he’ll have to decide soon whether he wants to wear the colours of Nigeria and I’ll call him in the next few days.’’

Akpoguma, who  was a guest on SWR TV, said,  “That (Nigeria’s interest)  honours me, of course, but I’m German, I was born here, and then I should play for Germany too.”

%d bloggers like this: